čtvrtek 17. prosince 2009

Trip to Taichung

Last week I decided to go to Taichung. There were several reasons why to go. First there was a Bike Taichung Week a meeting for bike parts manufacturers - suppliers and for their customers; secondly, in Taichung there are other Czech students which I wanted to visit. Everything began very nice, have a steak in our canteen (cause our canteen is very famous) cold tea and hot mice soup:

Walk with walkman to Taipei Main Station and take HSR (High Speed Railway). During the way I finalized my plans for this stay but forget a little bit to prepare how to get from Taichung HSR station:). So my story is beginning:). HSR Station reminds again the airport hall... so i found a table of buses... around 30 buses ... but all the information were in Chinese. Suddenly, good Taiwanese guy had appeared... and he was asking: "hey good man, where are you going? what is your destiny?" :) (kidding) so I replied: "Yo, man, I need to get to Hsing Universtity. Have you ever heard about that place? It's a heaven for people like me.. u know?" And so we were talking like that taking a right bus... go through the night town to the last station. Then this good man, history teacher and computer administrator of one high school took his motorbike and me and took me in front of main gate of Hsing University. I remember his last words: "Don't trust drunken drivers! Good luck". My Czech friends were surprised how I got there, sadly I didn't see how they felt down from their chairs..
We had a nice beer, Taiwanese beer in the green bottle with green label. Simply this one is da best.

Monday...7.12.2009
little survey... where I am? Hsing University. (I have to say... I love our tiny cozy campus:), sorry guys).




took my new shoes, took my new trousers and Polo jacket. Cleaned teeth and ... you know. Than I said "Hello" to my friend's motorbike. That motorbike was silent... so I decided to show him who is the master.


Sit on it and rode for next three hours finding the hotel where the conference had been held. Found. Was nice. Sal in the 13th floor.. so I visited several stands and did several interviews with very important face... Then went to second hotel... and did the same again. Several photos from Taichung Railway Station (not HSR):


After lunch I rent a bike. Giant bike, because you cannot find a different brand in Taiwan. Their "stand" is placed very very near to main gate of the universtity. Also the bikeway leads next to this main university entrance.
 
Think this is enough :). I have a lot of pictures from Taichung so I decided to create a new photo album where you can see all the photos and videos. Click here.
Around Taichung city there is nice bikeway, in such a rentals you can get map bellow, I have enclosed also the map I got on Taichung Bike Week. Green routes are the same:


In these materials you can find almost everything about riding in the town. But what about surroundings? There are a lot of other possibilities and 2 days (I had) aren't enough, so I hope next time. I did more than three hours bike trip,


wanted to get to Houfeng & Dongfeng Bike Path (source of maps: www.taiwanfun.com):

But it is really far from Hsing university for just one afternoon trip (more than 20 km to get there).
During my way I found very important building: Taiwan Tabaco & Liqueur Corporation:


This was almost the last day photo that day.... See next day in next article.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat