úterý 22. prosince 2009

New bike, from friend Martin, from Taichung

As I have already mentioned last, mm second day in Taichung I visited Earthquake museum.... and bought a "new" bike from Martin. Martin has bought motorized version of bike and since that time had no necessity to ride a bike any more. But it doesn't mean Martin doesn't like bikes. He does. That's why this bike has so rich history. He could probably write a blog just about his bike trip on this bike - we will see. I just mention he got to the Taiwan by train across the Russia, also known as Siberian Railway, and on every stop he travelled on this bike...

As you can see: Scott, Shimano Deore, 9 gear ... very cool... very nice.
There was only one problem: how to get this nice bike to Taipei? And how to be in the class at 6:30 pm if it was 3:00 pm? No James Bond today ... but MacGyver ... Ubus (green buses, which could be seen very often) go every 20 minutes from Taichung to Taipei. It costs 125 NT$, nice price if you know that you don't pay for your luggage. Such a bike sadly is not a normal luggage, what can you reliased at first sight. You can easily take a foldable bike, just put it into cover .... but for normal bike?
You will need Information stand nearby bus station, very unhesitating staff in information store which can provide you a lot of forgotten posters, and defined level of self-confidence during explaining your belief to Ubus staff. Result?

When you get to the bus, everything is ok. There are only three seat in one row in such a bus, so it reminds airplane. When i realized how much space do these buses (problem is that not all of them) have I was a little bit angry on Taipei station.

Surprisingly, this is not end of my buying story. When I got to Taipei Main Station I wanted to take MRT and get to Conguan to University, to "home" ... Firstly, I couldn't find any entrance to the MRT suitable for bike...Secondly after I decided to take the situation strongly by my hands and solve it, I took escalators and got to the MRT entrance ... Staff was a little bit surprised and explained me, that there were not any entrance intently :).
You cannot enter or get out with bike on this station. For the third time: you cannot take a bike to MRT during week! Only at weekend (and it is quite expensive). Again you don't pay if you have foldable bike.
So I was pedaling to our university. Fortunately it is not so far as I thought.
Somebody can ask why I write about such a stupid problem so many sentences...because it is totally different from Prague :). So this blog can help to next travelers from Prague.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat